Sunday, December 18, 2011

O Tannenbaum!!

Happy Holidays, everyone! I hope everyone is keeping sane! I just wanted to share a couple of small, simple projects I've busied myself with since finals are now over. The first is a Star Wars inspired paper snowflake, compliments of MattersofGrey. I chose to start out with a Stormtrooper design because I've always thought those guys were pretty cool. It turned out really well, but the first one took me about twenty minutes to complete. You'll need a good pair of scissors, and a pen knife for the more intricate details.
The second home-made treasure of the season is this DIY chalkboard mug. It's really simple to do, and doesn't require a lot of artistic skill. All you need is a ceramic mug, painter's tape, Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Chalkboard Paint, a brush, and a little time. I chose this little gift for my dad's wife because I don't know her all that well, but I do know she enjoys coffee quite a bit, so I'll still get credit for putting at least a bit of thought into it. You can get complete instructions for making the mug at Wit & Whistle.

If you are looking for interesting gift-wrap ideas, consider wrapping your gifts in a brown paper bag, and then pasting on black and white photos of the recipient in lieu of a nametag. You could also use old road maps, and a bit of twine for the geography guru in your life, or just for plain fun. There are many ways to get fun and creative this holiday season without breaking the bank. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment